How Twins Burnt To Death

A set of twins, Taiye and Kehinde, children of the Oluwasegun family were on Tuesday, October 12 burnt to death in an inferno that gutted their parents’ bungalow in Gaun community in Magboro area of Ogun state.


  1. Punch reports that the incident happened around 8pm while the family was preparing to have dinner. The first born of the family, Iyanu tripped over a jerrycan of fuel which spilled some of its content in the parlour.


While the mother mopped the spillage, the fuel was said to have flowed to a lantern in the house, which triggered an explosion. Residents, who were alerted by calls for help, reportedly rescued Iyanu; the second child, Korede; and their parents.

However, the 3-year-old twins children were burnt to death in the three-bedroom bungalow. Korede, six, who sustained burns in the leg, said his father, Aina, was about taking their generator outside when his sister fell. ”My daddy has two generators. We use the big one to pump water, while the small one is for the house. My daddy had put the small one in the room to pour petrol into it before taking it to the cage that was outside.

My mummy was preparing food in the kitchen that time. ”My sister, who didn’t know there was a jerrycan on the floor, tripped over it. My mum then took the mop to clean spilled petrol. She was doing that when the fire started. There were six of us in the house: my dad and mum, my sister, the twins and me,” he said.

Information reveals that there was no motorable road in the community and the area was connected to the rest of Magboro by a stretch of rickety bamboo bridge.

A motorcyclist in the area, who did not identify himself, said the survivors were helped by residents to cross the bridge.





NG

TRENDING

PEEP THE LATEST EYEBROW TREND - PENCIL BROW

BBNaija: TEDDY A & BAMBAM ARE GETTING MARRIED SOON! (PHOTOS)

EBONYI STATE GOV. ORDERS THE ARREST OF POLICEMEN