LATEST NEWS

17-Year-Old Girl Who Got A1 In All Subjects In WAEC Dies

Chisom, a 17-year-old girl who got A’s in the 2019 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), has lost her life. It was learnt that Chisom got 7 A1s, and emerged the best student from her school, Graceland college in Enugu last year. She won many awards in her school, and now death has caught short the life of this Young girl. According to a Facebook user, Michael Okoli who shared that sad news on the platform, Chisom died following a sickness which started off as a leg pain, but became severe over the year. The father of the girl who is a Professor, shared a very touching story of how his daughter died on Facebook. According to what he posted, the young girl started complaining of having a pain in the leg and just like every father that desires the best for their child, he decided to fly her to South Africa because he didn’t have trust in the medical system of this country. “At first, they were happy with her recovery rate, but they never knew it was going to end lik

Family Die After Eating Amala

Six people , including a mother, three of her children and two of their neighbours on Tuesday lost their lives in Ogaminana area of Okene in Kogi after eating a meal made from cassava flour.
The Public Relations Officer of Adavi Local Government, Abdulhamid Salahudeen, told journalists on phone that three of the victims died on Tuesday at the Okene General Hospital while the woman and two of her children had.......
earlier died on Monday in their house.
He said that the woman died alongside three of her children, two sons and a daughter
According to him, two male children of her neighbour that partook in the meal also died .
He put the ages of the five dead children at between 9 and 15 years.
Mr. Salaudeen said that the mother had in the evening of Sunday, October 30 brought the cassava flour (white Amala) from her farmland at Ohuepe village.
He said that the woman prepared a dinner from the yam flour for the family and extended the food to her neighbour.
The officer said the victims later went to bed but developed severe stomach pain over the night which later resulted in the death of the woman and two of her children.
He said that neighbours who sensed that the sudden deaths might be due to the cassava flour dinner quickly rushed the remaining three children that partook in the eating to Okene General Hospital where they died on Tuesday.
Mr. Salaudeen said that the authority of the local government believed that the cassava flour was poisoned and had informed the police for appropriate action.
A senior nursing officer at the Okene General Hospital, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed the death of the three victims at the hospital on Tuesday .
The nurse said that the victims were brought in late Monday afternoon.


Comments