I Regret Creating SARS In 1984 — Former CP Fulani Kwafaja

A retired Commissioner of Police, Fulani Kwajafa, has expressed regrets for establishing the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Nigeria Police Force. . . Kwajafa while speaking in an interview with BBC Hausa said the unit had completey derailed from its founding objectives. . . “I entered the Nigeria Police Force in 1984. Then robbery was prevalent. Buhari, the then Head of State, got a lot of complaint. He told me and Mr Inyang, the then IGP, that we must do something about it or be fired. . . Mr Inyang called me and told me to come up with a plan to save the country from thieves, so I said okay. . . After four months of creating SARS, there was peace, those who were not caught ran, and those who were caught were sent to prison. . . This thing frustrates me, there is no reason why because someone commits a crime that the person should be killed. There are laws and no one will give an order that if you see armed robbers kill the person. . . I’ve been hearing disheartening news, to the extent that…


Image result for Indian police

Indian police are reviewing reports of missing children to try to identify a girl who was found living in a forest. It was initially reported that she was living with monkeys, but the true story appears to be a bit more complicated, as doctors and officials believe she has mental and physical disabilities, and was likely to have been abandoned in the wilderness by her caretakers.
The girl, believed to be 10 to 12 years old, was....
unable to speak, was wearing no clothes and was emaciated when she discovered in January and taken to a hospital in Bahraich, a town in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India.

Image result for Indian police

D.K. Singh, chief medical superintendent of the government-run hospital, said the girl was actually found on a roadside, not deep in the wilderness, as previously reported. She was also not living with monkeys, although monkeys were nearby.
“I think the family members of this girl had been aware that she is not able to speak, and they may have abandoned her near the forest road,” Singh said. “If she was living with monkeys it would have been for a few days only, not for a long time."
After treatment, she has begun walking normally and eating with her hands. "She is still not able to speak, but understands whatever you tell her and even smiles," Singh said. He said police are trying to determine how the girl got into the forest and who her parents are.
She will be sent to a home for juveniles until she is identified, Singh said.