LATEST NEWS

Andrea Pirlo's Players Are Struggling To Adapt Without Ronaldo

Italian outlet Corriere via SunSport is claiming that the manager’s honeymoon period is over as players are finding it difficult to adapt with the tactician’s strategy without striker Ronaldo. The Portuguese star was missing in their 1-1 draw away at Benevento as the reigning champions failed to hold onto their lead. Juventus dropped points yet again on the night the side was deeply frustrated with Alvaro Morata also receiving a red card after full time of the encounter for verbally insulting the referee. Top football manager attacks Messi, claims he has no passion for football when compared to Maradona After the match, Pirlo said there was the urgent need to rest Ronaldo as the player is exhausted with the number of matches he played in recent times. He said: "Already Wednesday in the Champions League he had a problem, but he had decided to play, It’s normal for someone to get tired and rest. "This time it was Ronaldo’s turn, others next. Ronaldo is an added value, but when

NLC TO EMBARK ON NATIONWIDE PROTEST TO EMBARASS NGIGE AND FAMILY


The NLC had accused Ngige of sponsoring an attack on protesters had picketed the minister’s Abuja residence.

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has directed its members to embarrass Chris Ngige, minister of labour and employment, as well as members of his family.

The labour union also declared that a national protest will hold in Abuja on Monday to express displeasure over the alleged use of thugs on its members who were on a peaceful demonstration.

The NLC had accused Ngige of sponsoring an attack on protesters had picketed the minister’s Abuja residence.

They had been protesting an alleged exclusion of a member of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) from the board.

The minister had initially refused to inaugurate the NSITF board following allegations of “monumental fraud”.

Addressing journalists after a central working committee meeting on Thursday, Ayuba Wabba, NLC president, said Ngige has no right to change the appointment made by the president on the basis that he never recommended Frank Kokori to head the NSITF board.

“He is not fit to be a minister. He has no reason to be called the minister of labour. He is a lord of his own and therefore instead of protecting us, he is against us. Therefore we have nothing to do with him under the circumstance,” he said.

“NLC has sent messages to all workers in the 163 countries who are members of the ITUC to embarrass the minister and members of his family anywhere they are seen, especially at airports where workers operate.

“The real reason he is opposed to Chief Kokori was that the veteran labour leader cannot be compromised. Since the minister has been talking about the issue of corruption in the NSITF, the government should put in place a judicial commission of enquiry to investigate the agency so as to unravel who the actual corrupt persons are.

“So, we are demanding that the Board, headed by Kokori, be inaugurated and all the thugs who attacked us in the full glare of security agents be investigated and prosecuted.

“The CWC decided to embark on a national protest on Monday, May 13, in Abuja against the brutalisation of its members during the peaceful protest.

“As minister of labour, he knows that there is a clear provision of the law on picketing, lockouts and even strike action and therefore for him to have instead of addressing the issues, descended so low to the extent of using thugs to attack workers who were on a peaceful conduct of the protest, is something that is less than desirable and is anti-workers.”

Comments