LATEST NEWS

#EndSARS Protests: Lagos Will Need N1trillion For Reconstruction — Femi Gbajabiamila

A minimum of N1trillion is required to reconstruct Lagos State after the destruction that occurred during the #EndSARS protest and the crisis that followed, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has said.



The speaker disclosed this on Sunday, October 25, during a commiseration and solidarity visit to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, at Lagos House, Marina.




According to Vanguard, the minister said: “The House of Representatives will do all it can to compensate all those who suffered brutality including policemen that lost their lives in the process.




Also whatever the house can do in rebuilding Lagos and other states it will do. We are now in a state of reconstruction. What must be done will be done.


ALSO READ: I WISH I NEVER CREATED SARS IN 1984

I learnt from the governor of Lagos State that it will take N1 Trillion to rebuild what had been lost and asked him whats the budget size of the state he said about N1,Trillion. You can see we are moving backward.




Hence, we …

(Press Release) Army Denies Killing Civilians in Borno Airstrike





The Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) has denied killing civilians in an airstrike carried out by the Air Task Force of Operation Lafiya Dole at Shokotoko village, in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State, on Thursday April 9.


It was reported earlier today that 13 civilians including children were killed in the airstrike conducted in the Borno village.


Coordinator Defence Media Operation, Major General John Enenche however debunked the claim in a statement.


He stated that the attack helicopter that executed the mission, was accompanied by an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft to ensure proper targeting for avoidance of collateral damage.


Enenche said;
“The attention of the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) has been drawn to some media reports indicating that airstrikes conducted by the Air Task Force of Operation LAFIYA DOLE at Shokotoko Village in Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State on Thursday, 9 April 2020, inadvertently led to the deaths of some civilians. For the avoidance of doubts, the AFN wishes to clarify the facts as given below.





“The operation, which was conducted on the night of 9 April and early hours of 10 April 2020, was based on credible intelligence reports, obtained from land forces and other security agencies as well as reliable, vetted informants, which confirmed that the target location was occupied solely by Boko Haram Terrorists.


“Moreover, as customary, the attack helicopter that executed the mission was accompanied by an Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft to ensure proper targeting for avoidance of collateral damage.

Besides, it must be noted that, Nigerian Air Force (NAF) pilots, by training and in line with extant Rules of Engagement (ROEs) for the operation, do not attack any location if it is observed that non-combatants, especially women and children, are present. In such cases, the pilots would rather return to Base with their munitions unexpended. Consequently, on the strength of the foregoing, the location was considered a legitimate target.

“Nevertheless, to allay public concerns occasioned by the aforementioned media reports, an investigation is being carried out and subsequent actions will be taken in line with extant regulations and best practices, while remaining accountable to the Nigerian people.


“We wish to reassure the general public that the AFN, in keeping with its professional responsibility, will continue to work assiduously to rid the North East of all terrorist elements with a view to facilitating a return to normalcy that would enable Nigerians in the area pursue their legitimate aspirations”.

Comments